Bernard Schottländer Bernard Schottlander was born in Mainz, Germany in 1924 and moved to England in 1939. Bernard Schottlander described himself as a designer for interiors and a sculptor for exteriors.
After several successful years as an industrial designer, Bernard Schottlander chose to concentrate on sculpture. In the late 1950’s he established a workshop in North London. From 1965 he taught metalwork at St Martins School of Art and he was part of the group show Six Artists at the Institute of Contemporary Arts in London. In year 1966, he had his first solo show at the Hamilton Galleries, London.